Flirting is one of those things that comes naturally to some people but is a foreign language to others. Unfortunately, much like kissing, being so “in your head” about it makes it much more difficult.
Know that flirting is meant to be enjoyable. Don’t get too worked up about it. It can become frightening if you give it too much weight, so take it easy. (Although, I”ll admit that it’s better said than done.)
It’s like a tennis match when you’re having a playful, flirtatious banter. When you get into a good groove with someone, it can be exhilarating. If you’re interested in a nervous man, some light flirting might be just what he needs to take the next step.
Flirting with a cute guy you like might seem difficult, but it’s actually a lot easier than you think! Pleasant body language, such as a sly smile or a playful hair flip, may be used to flirt with a guy from across the room. Light touching, gentle teasing, and genuine compliments are effective ways to flirt with him in person. Compliments and invites to hang out can be used to flirt through text.
In this article, the three ways by which ladies can flirt with guys they like, are extensively discussed.
Part One: Flirting From A Distance
1. Maintain Eye Contact:As long as your crush is in sight, eye contact is a vital flirting tactic that can be used anywhere, at any time. If you don’t want to seem as though you’re looking into his soul, maintaining eye contact will express your concern.
It would also be a clear sign of his interest—if he maintains eye contact with you, he is most likely interested in you. He may be shy if he turns away.
One effective tactic is to stare him down before he notices you. When he does, maintain eye contact for a few moments before nodding and averting your gaze. You might even put in a smile if you’re feeling especially cheeky.
2. Smile At Him: Smiling makes you more appealing to others, according to studies, so use it to your advantage by flashing those pearly whites!
Smiling makes you seem friendlier and more approachable, which may be what your crush wants to come over and talk to you! Smiling makes you feel happier and more optimistic, both of which are necessary ingredients for good flirting.
3. Use Your Body Language: Even if you don’t open your mouth, your body language will convey a lot of information. Smiling and making eye contact are important, but there are a few other things to consider:
a. Make sure your arms aren’t crossed. Crossing your arms is the polar opposite of smiling: it makes you seem closed off and unapproachable, which will turn your man off. When people are anxious, they can unintentionally do this, so keep an eye on it.
b. Flip your hair around. Flipping your hair is a very feminine gesture because it highlights your lustrous locks. It’s also a well-known flirty action, so if you flip your hair or play with it in front of a man, he’ll most likely notice you’re flirting with him.
c. Toy with your jewelry. Using jewelry, such as a necklace, draws attention to your neckline, which many men find attractive in a woman.
4. Find Gentle Ways To Cross His Path: To flirt, you must spend as much time as possible with the object of your affection. Make a deliberate effort to position yourself in his direction while remaining undetectable. Take your dog to the same park where he plays soccer and walk past his desk on the way out the door. But, be careful not to go overboard, or you’ll come off as a stalker.
5. Do Your Best To Look Attractive To Him: When your crush is around, give yourself an extra boost of confidence by looking your best. This does not imply teeny-tiny dresses, stiletto pumps, or copious amounts of mascara; rather, it implies that you should take pride in your beauty by being well-groomed and dressed. You’ll feel your best if you look your best, which is crucial for flirting success!
Keep your hair clean and smelling new, brush your teeth, shave as needed, and paint your nails – anything that makes you feel pretty and gives you a boost of energy. Wear clothes that are clean, wrinkle-free, and that you feel good in – you can’t go wrong with a good pair of jeans!
To produce a fresh new look every day, experiment with various hairstyles – curly, smooth, in a bun, in a fishtail braid. Similarly, when it comes to make-up, play around with various colors and trends before you find a look that fits you.
6. Make The First Move:You should certainly wait for him to come to you. However, there is a lot of pressure on guys to begin the chase, which can be exhausting. If you approach him, you’ll immediately stand out from all the other girls he may be interested in dating — and you’ll be able to choose the best time for you.
Part Two: Flirting Face-To-Face
1. Start A Conversation With Him: Getting interested in a conversation with your crush is one of the easiest ways to pass the situation along and flirt more freely. Make an effort to strike up a conversation with him about something you have in common, whether it’s school, work, or a recent case.
Start by throwing a question. This demonstrates that you’re interested in learning more about him rather than just worrying about yourself. Inquire about his thoughts on the most recent Fast and Furious film or whether he had some fun over the weekend. Asking questions that can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no” is a surefire way to end a discussion before it even starts.
Now it’s time to talk about him. People like talking about themselves, so get him talking about something he enjoys, whether it’s music, sports, or his future plans.
Make frequent use of his name. It’s a proven fact that people enjoy hearing their own name mentioned in conversation, particularly when it’s by someone of the opposite gender! Calling your crush by his name will send a shiver up his spine and give you a sense of intimacy.
2. Laugh From Time To Time: Smiling and smiling during your conversation demonstrates that you’re at ease in the company of your crush and, more importantly, that you enjoy listening to him talk.
It will also make you seem more beautiful and make you appear as a happy, fun-loving person, which is exactly how you want him to see you.
Laughing at his jokes makes him feel funny, which is something guys enjoy. But be careful not to go overboard; you don’t want to scare him away by sounding like a cackling hyena!
3. Break The Touch Barrier: Finding subtle ways to touch your crush is a clear indication that you’re flirting with him and that you’re able to make any physical contact. Try it out in one of these ways:
a. While you’re talking, gently touch his forearm. When you’re smiling, reach out and touch his arm as he tells a funny joke. You may also do it as a kind of amusement or sincere consolation.
b. Place a hand or elbow on his back casually. This establishes a bond between you and shows him that you are absolutely at ease in his presence.
c. If you’re walking together, “accidentally” lean into him. Brush your hand against his to see how he responds if you’re already flirting and want to take it to the next stage.
d. Help to straighten his collar. Another sly way to get close to your crush is to tell him his shirt collar (or tie) is twisted so you can lean in and straighten it. Stand directly in front of him, face to face, and change his collar while casually brushing your fingertips against his throat. When you’re done, take a step back and look him in the eyes and say, “That’s better!”
4. Bring his attention to your body: Guys are visual beings, so a sly flash of flesh here and there will pique their interest. Occasionally bringing his attention to your body will get his heart pumping and make him know how much he likes you.
Rub your shoulder with your hand. Assume you have a shoulder ache and pull the neckline of your top down, revealing your skin while massaging it. If you’re lucky, he’ll promise to help you rub it better.
Inquire about getting your belly button drilled. One good trick for tummy-confident girls is to pull up your top slightly and tell him you’re thinking of having your belly button pierced, then ask his opinion. If he stammers a response, you know your sly ruse has piqued his interest.
Lips should be licked. Draw his eyes to your lips in front of him to make him think about kissing you. Lick your lips, bite them, add lip gloss – whatever you want, as long as you do it casually.
It’s important not to go overboard here; drawing attention to your body can be efficient, but only if done in moderation. Avoid prancing around in front of him in a bikini (unless you’re at the beach, in which case, go for it!) if you don’t want to appear desperate and attention-seeking.
5. Pay Him compliments:Expect the compliments to be reciprocated — men enjoy being complimented as well! Making your crush feel noticed and respected demonstrates to him that you care for him as a person and that you pay attention to the details. Here’s how you can make your compliment even better: Be as descriptive as possible. The compliment would be more personal if you are more precise. If you say something generic like “I think you’re hot,” he’s probably already heard it. If you concentrate on a particular characteristic or attribute that you admire, the compliment will be new in his mind, and you will stand out in his mind.
If he’s on a sports team and you’ve seen him play, compliment his performance. If you hear him playing the guitar or drums, give him a compliment. If you want to get closer, tell him you like the color of his eyes and use it as an excuse to stare into them.
Lean in close and slightly lower your voice when offering the compliment. This gives the compliment a personal and private feel.
When giving the compliment, maintain eye contact and a small smile. This will emphasize your honesty and demonstrate that you are truly impressed. Just don’t go overboard with the compliments or they’ll come across as fake. This will greatly reduce their influence, and he will cease to take you seriously as a result. One genuine compliment is worth more than a hundred fake ones.
5. Tease Him Playfully:If done right, a little playful teasing can be a perfect flirting strategy. Teasing can build a sense of intimacy while still demonstrating your sense of humor to the man. Just remember that if you give it, you must be able to receive it!
Make little, insignificant jokes about him, such as pretending you have a crush on his Math teacher or joking that he loves his dog more than any human being.
If he’s especially attractive, inquire about his Abercrombie interview; if he’s just returned from the gym, make an exaggerated remark about his massive muscles – you want your teasing to be more of a sly compliment than offensive!
Never get too personal in your teasing, or he’ll take it the wrong way – insulting his family, his job or school success, or criticizing his appearance should all be avoided – at least before you get to know him better.
6. Let Him Want More Of You: Allowing the conversation to last too long can cause him to become bored or distracted. Instead, leave when he’s still interested so he’ll be excited to see you again.
Make theoretical preparations to leave an opening for the future. If you both want to see a new movie that’s coming out, for example, you might say, “We should definitely go see that movie sometime.” You’ve already planted the seed that you’ll see him again this way.
Lean in as if you want to kiss him, but then turn away and whisper, “I had a nice time” in his ear. Lol!
Part Three: Flirting Through Texts
1. Pretend To Text Him By Mistake: If you’re not sure how to start a text conversation with him, one good strategy is to text him as if he’s someone else, such as your best friend.
Say something along the lines of “Oh, yeah, So, what are your plans for the weekend?” After a minute or two, send a second message that says something like “Sorry, I made a mistake and typed the wrong person’s name! But, what are your plans for the weekend?”
This will make it seem as though you didn’t want to initiate a discussion, but you’re glad you did.
2. Avoid Boring Texts:Texting boring messages like “what’s up?” or “what’s the weather forecast for tomorrow?” is uninteresting and will not help you get along with your crush. Try to be original and interesting; just send a message if you believe it would make your crush happy.
Text something like, “Just saw a giant teddy bear in a toy store window – made me think of you,” for example. or “Can you please help me choose between a doughnut and a chocolate muffin?”
3. Send Pictures To Him:Picture messaging is a nice alternative to texting, and it means that your crush has a photo of you on his mobile phone. “Wanna join?” text him a photo of you and a group of friends in the back or mall. Send him a photo of yourself on the couch and a note “I’m bored. Do you want to entertain me?” Simply text him a screenshot of a movie poster or concert flyer with the word “Interested?” written on it.
4. Don’t Flood His DM With Texts: For the first few minutes, imitate his texting style. Don’t give him three paragraphs if he just sends one or two sentence messages. It’s possible that he’s just getting warmed up and isn’t able to say anything just yet. But he may also be signalling that he doesn’t want to chat, in which case you shouldn’t put too much effort into the conversation.
If he doesn’t respond to your messages, don’t keep sending them. He’s either not into it or he’s away from his phone, in which case no amount of question marks after your messages can get him to answer faster. Distract yourself with something else after you’ve sent a text and stop thinking about when or how he’ll react.
5. Be Suggestive With Your Texts: You may demonstrate interest in a text in a number of ways. One of the better choices is to express your desire to be with him rather than messaging him. You might tell you wish you were eating that instead of whatever you’re eating if he says he just made up some pasta for dinner.
You can tell, “Well thanks, you’re now responsible for me grinning at my phone like a fool,” when he sends something cute or funny. “Wow, I just snorted out loud at that,” is another alternative.
One way to be enticing is to make subtle references to items that could be interpreted as sexy. If you don’t have time to respond to his text right away, for example, you might say, “Sorry, just got out of the shower!” Regardless -” That isn’t outright flirting, but it is a subtle way of getting him to think about you when you’re in the shower.
6. Text Him In Response To Something He Posted: Take the initiative to give him a direct message instead of passively “liking” something he shares on social media. This doesn’t reveal your true motives right away, but it can certainly inspire him to flirt if he’s interested.
If he shares a photo of his dog, for example, this is an example of this. “Your dog is adorable,” you might contact him. What kind of person is he?” “Just saw your video from the concert last night,” you might say if he posts a video from a concert he attended. I really like that band, and I’m sorry I didn’t get to see them – how were they?”
Have at least one question in your message as a suggestion. It’ll be more difficult for him to come up with a response if you just give a compliment or a simple comment. You can start a conversation by simply asking a question.
I hope that this article has taught you how to flirt with a guy so that you can express your desire without fear of humiliation or rejection. However, Flirting is just the first move in piqueing his interest. Do you know what drives a man to make a commitment? Do you understand what it takes for him to consider you as a girlfriend material? If you don’t know, then you need to read this: 6 Things That Turns Guys Off, In Ladies.