How to check BVN: The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is often requested as a form of identification through several channels; Nigerian banks use it to keep track of various account numbers and the activities of their owners. Most account registrations in Nigeria currently require a personal BVN; many users have been unable to register on some sites owing to a lack of BVN.
Some people have found it difficult to open the various accounts they require because they were unable to receive their BVN number due to long lines at various Nigerian banks.
You do not need to be concerned because the remedy is available. Customers can now check their BVNs using their smartphones. You can check your BVN number with any network service provider, such as MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9mobile.
Following the development of a single Biometric Identification System, the country’s central bank, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), required the adoption of BVN on February 14, 2014.
The BVN is a personal identification number, and it should not be taken lightly. Your BVN should be kept private, and if you need to check it, do so quietly or privately. You should read the entire article to fully comprehend the meaning of BVN, its significance, and why you must keep your BVN private and secure.
Bank Verification Number, BVN
The Bank Verification Number, or BVN, is a one-of-a-kind identification number that can be validated across all Nigerian financial institutions. The BVN of a consumer is linked to the certain biological characteristics: At the time of enrolment, a fingerprint signature and a facial image were taken.
Benefits and uses of BVN
The benefits and uses of the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria are listed below.
- Every bank in Nigeria accepts the unique BVN as a form of identification.
- BVN provides seamless verification and validation of clients’ identities across a variety of electronic platforms.
- Financial firms can follow clients via BVN, especially when it comes to loan repayment.
Cyberfraud is limited by BVN.
- The bio-data is found by searching the BVN database for pertinent information about an individual (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth).
- BVN aids in the reduction of queues in banking halls.
- Banking operations have become more efficient as a result of standardization.
BVN enrollment process
The following is a step-by-step process to get your Bank Verification Number in Nigeria. To get a BVN, follow the instructions below.
- Go to any of your bank’s locations.
- Fill out the BVN Enrolment form and send it in.
- Make oneself available for data collection (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID.
- The system confirms your application within 24 hours, generates your BVN, and sends you an SMS with pickup instructions.
How To Check BVN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
You don’t have to be concerned if you misplaced or forgot your BVN; Dating Reporters gives a step-by-step instruction for retrieving or accessing your BVN at any time.
Follow the steps below to check or access your BVN on MTN, 9mobile, Airtel, and Glo:
- Dial *565*0# from your mobile phone and the sim card you used for BVN enrollment.
- Wait until your phone’s screen displays your phone number.
- Then make a copy of the BVN and save it somewhere safe.
Cost of checking BVN On All Networks
‘Nothing goes for nothing,’ according to a popular saying.
It costs the same fee to verify or access your BVN using your mobile phone on any network, including MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
To access or check your Bank Verification Number, you will be charged at least N20.
We hope this article solved your problem on how to check BVN details through dialling a USSD code. If you have any other issue, you can state them in the comments section below. Our team will be glad to help you out. Also, don’t forget to share this blog post to your social media pages for other people to learn.